Upcoming Cruises

TBD

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

OLYMPICS: Quotes: Who said what at Vancouver Olympic Winter Games

Vancouver (AFP) - Who said what at the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games on Monday:

"I ate s***. That's what happened. I was pushing it. I made a couple of mistakes that caught me off guard."
- Canadian downhiller Robbie Dixon

"The best part was we got here. And I got to meet Arnold Schwarzenegger in the village."
- Estonian skater Ilja Glebov

"Mom, Dad, look, it's a gold one. Fresh out of the oven!"
- China's Shen Xue after winning figure skating pairs gold

"A little beer, or a little bigger beer."
- David Moeller on how he planned to celebrate his silver medal in men's luge

"Sometimes they don't understand me but that's OK. If they understand 90 percent of the time, then that's enough."
- China's women's ice hockey team coach Hannu Juhani Saintula who is Finnish

"I am normally a police officer. I am studying business journalism, just to do something for my brain. I have met a lot of journalists. Some I like, some I don't."
- Moeller again

"It is the fastest track in the world. It has the highest G-forces and it is really technical so I just had to make sure I've got it all right because I can be a bit of an airhead."
- Australian skeleton entrant Melissa Hoar

"I had a pretty powerful moment packing that thing in my backpack."
- US snowboard gold medallist Seth Wescott on carrying his late grandfather's World War II service flag.

View article...

No comments:

Post a Comment