Upcoming Cruises

TBD

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

OLYMPICS: Quotes: Who said what at Vancouver Olympic Winter Games

Vancouver (AFP) - Who said what at the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games on Tuesday:

FIGURE SKATING


"It's another disappointment at the Olympic Games. These Games have beaten me."
- France's Brian Joubert after his short programme in which he fell.

"Before, it was very hard for me. I didn't want to be a famous person. I wanted to be a normal girl. The paparrazzi would be waiting for me in front of my home all the time. I was just 18 years old then. But now I am a bit older and I'm used to it and I know how to talk with them."
- Miki Ando on her life in Japan.

ICE HOCKEY


"That was my mistake. I wanted to press the puck towards the goalie or to the boards, but it hit my stick and the puck went into the net. It was a big mistake, my heart is broken."
- Jin Fengling of China on deflecting the puck into her own net in the second period giving Finland a game-tying goal in a 2-1 defeat.

SKELETON


"It's a little skiddy. My shoulders are tired, I need softer handling."
- Japans' Shinsuke Tayama after coming off his sled.

"I wouldn't say there was a rivalry, but I and the Canadian team - I never see them except on the track and there are people I like more."
- Michi Hlailovic of Germany on rivalry with Canadian sliders.

View article...

No comments:

Post a Comment